Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Brianna's Horses







Brianna's Horses- 3x4' Acrylic on Wood
The story behind this painting was so sweet. A friend of mine came to me and asked if I would paint something for her 11 year old daughter, Brianna, for Christmas. Brianna had grown up riding horses and there was one in particular horse that she became very close with. But as time passed, Brianna's beloved horse grew older and soon passed away. After its death, Brianna's father gave her his his own horse so she could continue to ride.
I wanted to capture the kindred bond between Brianna and these two horses. I wanted to portray the idea that even though a beloved pet has passed on that their spirit still remains with us and continues to watch over us as we journey through life.
I was so moved by this painting, that I literally began to cry as I painted the horse up on the grassy ledge, watching over Brianna and her father's horse below. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment