Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Drew's Beatles Painting

"The Beatles"- 3X4' Acrylic on Wood

I painted this Beatles tribute for my best friend, Katrina, to give to her boyfriend for Christmas. She wanted it to be fun and vintage looking, while still remaining true to the style and design of each individual guitar. She wanted Abbey Road in the back ground with the instruments laid about in the foreground as if the Beatles had just finished a jam session and were taking a quick break.


I decided to use lots of black and white with subtle splashes of color to bring this painting to life. This was my first musically-inspired painting, so I was a little nervous at first. But in the end it all came together and I'm actually excited about painting some more scenes like this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment