Thursday, January 13, 2011

Little Miss

"Little Miss"- 16x20" Acrylic on Canvas

Donated to Limestone Co. Hospice

Chili Challenge 2011

$100 VALUE


The county music band, Sugarland, released a new song called, "Little Miss" on their latest album. The first time I heard their song I cried because it hit so close to home. I felt like the lyrics described myself to a T as well as so many other women I know. The song is so empowering and so true that I felt inspired to paint the lyrics.


There's one line in the song that says, "Little Miss checkered dress. Little Miss one big mess." I love that line, so I decided to paint the impression of a young girl wearing a red and white checkered sun dress in the back ground.


This painting is to remind all young girls that they have all they'll ever need right inside of them. You're stronger than you think. Keep your head up and move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment